Please enter the Account #, Barcode ID, and Unlock Key found on the paper consent form enclosed with your drop Self-Collection Screening Kit to get started.
Our self-collected screening kits are a cost-effective alternative for specimen collection. The test kit will be shipped to your home and contains all the items required to collect, prepare, and mail your self-collected dried blood specimen to the laboratory. drop™ has developed revolutionary blood collection methods that uses only 4 drops of blood, separates the blood components, and can be completed in about 10 minutes in the privacy of your own home.
The HemaSpot-SE™ patented design includes a new engineered material that provides rapid separation of blood with no cell hemolysis for improved precision. This new approach is a true alternative collection method similar to an SST tube, where red cells are separated from the serum without the need of a centrifuge.
Before you start collecting your blood sample, make sure to do the following:
Register your kit first.
Before You Begin, Review Your Data.
Check the contents of your kit.
The kit includes:
Important Collection Information:
The kit includes:
1. Retrieve Blood Collection Device from foil pouch.
2. Remove barcode label from Test Requisition & Consent Form and affix label to the top portion so it is visible after closing the device.
3. Place device with collection side up, on a flat and level surface.
4. Do NOT remove clear cover.
1. Rinse hands in warm water.
2. With palm facing up, select ring finger for your collection. Puncture site should be on the right side of the fingertip for ease of collection. Middle finger may be used, but ring finger is preferred.
3. Clean with alcohol pad.
4. Stimulate blood flow to the selected finger by letting your hand hang at your side and shaking back and forth for 15-20 seconds.
Note: Do NOT use the center of the fingertip. Only use side of fingertip pad as the puncture site for less discomfort.
5. Using lancet provided, twist off cap. Place hand, palm side up on table or hard surface.
6. Position lancet on right side of ring finger as shown. Press lancet into fingertip to puncture site.
7. Wipe off the first blood drop with the gauze pad. Keep the gauze pad until you are done.
8. Discard used safety lancet in regular trash.
1. Blood should begin to flow freely.
2. Allow large drops to form. If blood drop does not form, wipe with gauze pad again and gently massage finger from the palm to fingertip.
3. FOUR (4) large blood drops are required to fall in the center of the clear cover applicator.
4. Apply drops continuously. Do NOT STOP and wait between drops.
5. If blood flow stops, repeat step #2 as needed to generate blood flow.
6. After applying 4 drops, wait 3 minutes for blood drops to soak into the white membrane.
1. After 4 blood drops are absorbed, close the device firmly by folding over the top. Make sure the latches are secure. Lay on flat surface.
2. Proper Device Handling. After use, the Collection Device containing your blood sample can be stored at room temperature (65°-72°) before mailing to the laboratory. Sample must be shipped within 24 hours of collection