Our COVID-19 test kit is an antibody screening test. Using a capillary blood sample taken using drop™, this test is useful for the discovery of individuals who may have developed antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This antibody test is also especially helpful for tracking the spread of the virus as it also identifies asymptomatic carriers. Test results, in conjunction with other laboratory results and clinical information, may be also used to helpful in the presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19.
HOW DOES OUR COVID-19 TEST KIT WORK?
- Order your kit: All orders are processed and shipped within 1 to 3 days of receipt. Your test collection kit is shipped directly to your door. You will receive an email with the tracking number immediately upon shipping. (Overnight shipping is also available).
- Collect and send: Collect a sample. You will receive immediate notification when your sample is delivered to the laboratory.
- View results online: You will receive immediate notification when your results are ready for your review in our secure online portal that is available anytime and anywhere.
MORE INFORMATION ON OUR COVID-19 TEST KIT RESULTS
The COVID-19 screening test result is reported with a brief interpretation, including its significance, and correlation to available clinical information. Results are reported qualitatively (positive or negative) and the outcome will depend on the severity of the infection and the day the sample was collected following infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
POSITIVE TEST RESULTS
Positive results on samples collected within the first 8 days after infection indicate an active infection even when a PCR-based test might be negative. Positive tests over a long period of time cannot be interpreted to indicate immunity without further testing.
Additionally, positive test results cannot be interpreted as conclusive evidence of active SARS-CoV-2 infection. The interpretive report is for screening purposes only and not intended for use as a diagnostic guide.
NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS
A negative test result is expected during early stages of infection even when PCR-based tests are positive.
- This is a CoreMedica only, self-collection lab developed test. This test has not been approved by FDA. CoreMedica has submitted this test to the FDA for EUA approval (PEUA#200459).
- Negative results do not preclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. If acute infection is suspected, direct testing for SARS-CoV-2 is necessary.
- Results from antibody testing should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Positive results may be due to past or present infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E.
- Not for the screening of donated blood.
Already purchased a COVID-19 test kit from us? Click here to register your kit.